Friday, 22 July 2011

Worms


Worms was a classic pc game that started off in 1995 with the original worms. So far there have been 17 entrees into the franchise and the turn based, side scrolling  action game makes a great transition onto android devices.


Ingame you take turns controlling oddly adorable worms in their violent attempts to rid the world of the other team. The controls are quite intuitive; however, if you've never played a worms game before it may take more time to adjust to it's nuances, for example a single tap of jump will launch you forward, while a double tap will propel you higher and slightly backwards.

The graphics are a perfect representation of the games original art, retaining nearly all of it's vivid colors and charm. The only problem with the graphics come from playing on a small screen, but this is a problem plaguing all mobile games, and is really just nitpicking.


The largest complaint I could level towards worms is it's lack of a purpose or goal. It's campaign mode essentially boils down to a set of bot matches. This still provides a certain degree of variety and will keep you occupied for quite some time.

Worms is an ageless classic that has been commendably brought to the mobile gaming platform with minimal casualties. If you're a fan of the series be sure to check it out.

12 comments:

  1. Worms on android? Hell yeah, I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it's different than Angry Bird, I'm down to try it! I love AB but we should have more games be popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the original worms was like my favorite game. I'm going to have to get it for my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings me back, i still have the ps1 version knocking about somewhere! was an awesome game and can't wait for this! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memories..:) I love worms. Worms Armageddon were best:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this brings back memories of EPIC hot seat battles :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This game is really entertaining I play this once in a while. +1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worms would be very good on the phone, i loved the game as a kid

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's one of my favorite games! + Follow

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMFG THIS IS ON ANDROID NOW? THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME! I love worms, it's so fun and addicting. +1

    ReplyDelete